Saturday, September 14, 2013

Seeking Spiritualists

Does anyone have Theresa Caputo’s, the Long Island Medium’s phone number? Or does anyone know anything real about spirits? Because I’m seriously puzzled here. Do you remember when I wrote my blog post Who Wants to Live Forever (posted on 9/1/12) which was about my grandma? If not, please go back and re-read. So, in that post I talk about a very deep connection to my grandmother, promising her I would invent some medication to make her live forever, and then having her visit me in my dreams after she’d passed away. In the last dream, which was very heartbreaking and I woke up with a tear-soaked pillow, she told me she wouldn’t be able to visit me any longer because it was time for her to reincarnate.


Last night I had another dream involving my beloved grandma. The dream was ALL about her; however, she was completely absent. It went something like this: My husband, children, and I flew to Slovakia to visit her, but for some reason she had moved from her old house to a new one (this was beyond my understanding; how could she have abandoned the house of my childhood memories?). So when I queried my uncles, aunts, and cousins about her new address, no one wanted to tell me. They were in some sort of cahoots, each one coming up with excuses like, “She takes a nap at this time of the day. You shouldn’t disturb her” or  “She’s doing her shopping around this time; she won’t be home” or “She usually has coffee with one of her lady friends. Wait till tomorrow.” I finally pried my grandma’s whereabouts out of one of my younger cousins, loaded my luggage, husband, and kids into a taxi and headed to my grandma’s anyway. When the cab arrived at some kind of an odd, crumbling neighborhood, I realized my cousin had tricked me and sent me out to the loonies. I cursed but began taking the suitcases out of the taxi, trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. As soon as I turned my back, however, two gypsy boys ran up to the cab and stole the suitcase that contained all our passports, money, and return flight tickets. We ended up at the police station which was useless since the two little thieves were long gone and indescribable. And that’s where my dream ended. I never got to see my grandma.


So to all of you who know something, anything about spirits…is it possible for the spirit that has reincarnated to leave that body and come “visit” its loved ones? Is it possible that they are somehow trapped and need our help? How does the spirit world work anyway? What are the rules? And what are the consequences for rule-breaking? I may be a fool, but I feel like my grandmother is calling out to me and that, this time around, I’ve failed her.


7 comments:

  1. Perhaps your "grandmother" in this dream isn't her but YOU; she's just a metaphor for you. Maybe you should be taking more naps and having more coffee dates with your lady friends. Make sense? Just a thought.

    And I believe there can be communication between two people who love(d) each other (dead or alive) or who were extremely close in the past. This is what my (revised) play is all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very interesting suggestion: a metaphor for me. Does that mean I'm trying to find myself? Now you've put a bug in my head, Paula

      Delete
  2. Hi Aneta, The link to Who Wants To Live Forever, gave me an error but I would like to read it. When did you write it?

    My first question is, from the last paragraph, do you think you're grandmother has been reincarnated or born in to another life already? How long ago did she pass?

    Since I don't know the whole story, I have one more question. Did you get to see your grandmother before she passed? Did you get to say good bye? Could the dream mean that you feel guilty for not getting there in time (if that was the case) - which you should not feel guilty. All those negative human emotions I believe are gone when we pass over, they serve no purpose where she is now and she knows you loved her. It's very interesting and Paula may be right as well. A lot of times our dreams may have us in them, but aren't about us at all.

    I'm going to go through your archives and see if I can find the post you referred to.

    Yes I too believe the dead can communicate with the living and it happens quite often. One of my favorite quotes is "Death ends a life, not a relationship - Robert Benchley - Just because she's gone doesn't mean your relationship is over at all.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Debbie, you hit the nail on the head!!! I do feel guilty because I never got to say goodbye to her. I've battled with this emotion ever since 2002, which is when she passed away. The dream about her reincarnating occured last year. The post mentioned above is from 9/1/12 (I fixed it), and yes, I do believe she is in a different body now. I can't get a sense of peace even after all these years. :(

      Delete
  3. Hi Aneta, that was a beautiful post about your grandmother. I know it's easier said than done and I'm sure you've heard a thousand times, but you have to let go of the guilt. You have nothing to feel guilty about and it serves no purpose for your grandmother or you. She wouldn't have kept coming to you and then told you she was being reincarnated if she was upset with you in anyway. LIke I said, I really believe all those human emotions do not pass over with them. They see things how they truly are.

    I think it may be a combination of your returning to your homeland this summer, getting your Masters, having your book published and wishing she were here to see all that, that maybe triggered your dream. I am no expert in reincarnation but I do love it and have read and researched about it since I was a teenager. I was even regressed once. But we tend to travel in soul circles and it's not unusual for us to stay with family and friends in each incarnation. So don't be surprise if you don't meet up with your grandmother one day. And you'll know immediately. You have that feeling that you've known that person forever. It's happened to me a number of times - even one person that I didn't get along with. We didn't get along this time either and she moved away. We were civil but we couldn't manage to do what we needed to fix it this time around, so maybe next time. But I know we had a history and a tough one from long ago.

    Just be happy and enjoy your life and all the exciting things that are happening for you. Positive energy is all you need. The negative energy brings you down. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the uplifting words, Debbie. I know you are right, in my heart I know it. I will do my best to let go of guilt, though it's going to be difficult. sigh :)

      Delete
  4. Soul circles. I like that, Debbie! And everything else you just said.

    ReplyDelete